About Capt. Gary L. Pylant
- 20th Century Fox in Hawaii filming the movie, Tora-Tora-Tora, the Japanese bombing of Pearl Harbor. Flying a B-17 Bomber.
- Air America – Classified
- Atomic Energy Commission – Nevada Test Site – Atomic Bomb Testing
- U.S.D.A. Forest Service – Fire Suppression Pilot Forest Fires – B-17.
- U.S. Department of Agriculture – Pest Eradication Programs – Douglas DC-4 and Lockheed PV-2 Navy Patrol Bomber.
- Sky Diver – Wing Walker – Aerobatic Air-Show Pilot – Glider Pilot and Night Crop Duster Pilot, nothing like flying under power lines at night in a turbine powered aircraft carrying three thousand pounds of deadly poison… now that’s fun!
MY FAVORITE QUOTES:
“Never give up your Dreams, they’re your instructions from God!” Markus Rothkranz
“If who we are is a gift of God, who we become is our gift to God!” Deepak Chopra
“Always do what you are afraid to do.” Ralph Waldo Emerson (1803-1882)
“What normal people see as insane crazy – I see as excellent piloting skills and superb engineering.” Gary L. Pylant – “The Pilot”
“Imagination is everything. It is the preview of life’s coming attractions.” Albert Einstein 1879 – 1955
“Man becomes what he thinks about” Morris E. Goodman “The Miracle Man”
“Whether you think you can or you can’t. Either way you are right.” Henry Ford 1863-1947
“Follow your bliss and the Universe will open doors for you where there were only walls.” Joseph Campbell 1901-1987
“If it ain’ t fun, don’t do it!” Jack Canfield – Author
“You are the only one who creates your reality.” Abraham www.abraham-hiks.com
“Your Wish is My Command” The Secret
Mark Rumsey, Design Engineer
HOW CAN MARK RUMSEY HELP YOUR COMPANY BRING NEW DESIGNS TO MARKET?
ANSWER: For the last twenty years Mark has been intimately involved with 3D modeling, visualization and animation for design and manufacturing. His career experience qualifies him as an excellent candidate to help you create the best designed products in the industry.
Originally interested in aviation, Mark graduated from The University of Texas at Austin with a degree in Aerospace Engineering and got his professional start designing thermal systems for the International Space Station in Southern California. This is where Mark began his 3D career in CAD by learning Unigraphics.
The allure of industrial and automotive design drew him to join the Los Angeles sales team at Alias|wavefront in 1995. Here he learned the 3D modeling, rendering and animation programs Alias and Maya. As an application engineer, Mark gained huge exposure to automotive design, industrial design and entertainment companies both large and small. He became a critical piece of the sales process in building long term relationships with these customers through support and certified training. In his time at Alias|wavefront, Mark became an expert at 3D modeling and rendering for both the industrial design and entertainment industries.
Starting in 2002, Mark was able to apply his skills at Boy Wonder VFX, Hyundai and Nissan Design America. As a digital designer at Nissan he pioneered using 3D scan data for visualization saving weeks of work in the design process.
Following Nissan, Mark joined Bunkspeed to build and maintain accounts like Honda, Pininfarina, Mercedes Benz, BMW, Titleist and many other industrial design firms around the globe. His work at Bunkspeed helped change the face of visualization for design by minimizing the enormous effort that went into photo-realistic rendering and animation.
After Bunkspeed, through his own company Visual Realm, Mark consulted at many companies including Pinninfarina Extra, Mercedes Benz and Nissan as a 3D modeler, renderer and trainer. At Pinninfarina Extra he managed design and fabrication projects for Motorola and Boeing from start to finish.
In 2010 Mark joined Fisker Automotive as a senior surface designer, renderer and animator. Here he modeled conceptually for design but also modeled for production tooling following engineering criteria for gap & flush and homologation. Plus his rendering and animation skills saved Fisker Automotive over $300K by creating marketing material in-house.
August 2010 – Present Senior Surfacing Designer Fisker Automotive
Digital modeling of interior and exterior for the next generation Fisker hybrid sportscar project. Mark worked with designers and engineers to create digital models for concept styling all the way through to production parts for transfer into Catia software. He also created photo-real 3D renderings and animation for design review as well as marketing events and material for the www.fiskerautomotive.com website.
August 2009 – August 2010 Digital Modeling Contractor Visual Realm, Inc.
Mark contracted for Nissan Design America in San Diego and Mercedes Benz Advanced Design in Carlsbad. These jobs have encompassed modeling every imaginable visible part of a car (both exterior and interior) for internal design review and for presentation to the public.
2007- June 2009 Project Manager Pininfarina Extra USA, Corp.
During his time with Pininfarina Extra USA Mark helped design and manage projects from speedboats to cell phones. Most projects were design proposals for Fortune 500 companies but some projects included building prototypes and finished products.
- Project manager for Motorola cell phone for Latin American market. Design went from concept sketch to final product in 13 weeks. This is a record for Motorola. Mark is also named on the design patent for this phone.
- Project manager for Boeing 777 Chair mockup study. Designed, engineered and manufactured 120 mockup chairs for Boeing in 90 days. Boeing was amazed.
2006-2007 Business Development Manager Bunkspeed, Inc.
Bunkspeed is a company in Carlsbad, CA that is changing the face of virtual reality. 3D design concept renderings that used to take days were taking just minutes because of their software. During my time at Bunkspeed Mark managed over 25 different design firm accounts around the world including Acushnet, BMW, Mercedes Benz, Nissan and Honda.
- Saved Honda over $600,000 per design project with their adoption of the UDRIVE and HyperShot software.
- Showed Titleist how to use 3D visualization software to minimize the need for physical prototypes for design review.
2003-2006 Digital Designer Nissan Design America
Nissan Design America is located in San Diego, CA and is the premier styling studio for the Nissan Corporation. Mark created automotive interior and exterior concept models and renderings using Autodesk StudioTools, Maya and Bunkspeed UDRIVE software. He built his models from design sketches extremely fast which allowed more time for design iteration to prepare for internal design competitions. His efforts helped Nissan Design America win the design for the 2009 Nissan Maxima and the 2009 Nissan 370Z.
- Mark was the first to model the 2009 Nissan Maxima for concept design development.
- Mark was the first to model the 2009 Nissan 370Z for concept design development.
2001-2003 Digital Special Effects Compositor/Animator Boy Wonder VFX
Boy Wonder VFX introduced low cost and high efficiency to the feature film special effects industry. While at Boy Wonder VFX, Mark managed and worked on dozens of special effects projects for feature film and broadcast television
- Feature film highlights: ‘Harts War’, ‘Legally Blonde’, ‘The Cave’, and ‘Bulletproof Monk’.
- Broadcast television highlights: ‘Buffy the Vampire Slayer’ and Burger King commercials.
Address: 37493 Windsor Court
Murrieta, California 92562 USA
Phone: +1 951-491-9002